About Us

About Us
We met the summer of 2002, married in February of 2003 and the rest is history! We have 3 wonderful boys and lots of nieces and nephews that we love!

About the Mr.

About the Mr.
Shon was born and raised in Plasant Grove. He's a lifer! He loves football and hunting. Shon works for Alpine School District and the Provo Police Department.

About the Mrs.

About the Mrs.
Cristina was born and raised in Arizona. She loves crocheting and some sewing. Cristina currently works for Intermountain Healthcare as a Quality Assurance Rep.

Tina's Tunes

Friday, January 3, 2014

Shon vs. The Van


So...it's not too much of a secret that Shon and our Minivan don't get along. I have never (well I had one small accident when I live in Prescott) been in a big car accident.

Shon has been in two larger ones since we have been married, two smaller ones that none or very little damage was done...3 of which were in our Van.

Minivan 3-Shon 1

So here is how the latest one went down and by the almighty higher powers in which most of you believe, he is still alive...barely.

Shon had called me because we were discussing a bill we got in the mail. As I am talking it sounds like he dropped the phone (ok not too frightening). So I call his name. I hear nothing but rattling. Then I hear a car door open. So I think "ok, he is looking for his phone?" Wait about 2 minutes and nothing.

All of a sudden I hear "Hang on honey I was in a car accident" (insert heart drop, flushed face, panic attack)

I wait...

...and I wait...

...and nothing. I am YELLING his name several times and I get NO response, none whatsoever.

So I decide to hang up the phone and call him, repeatedly, hoping he is just "looking" for the phone. When in reality I am thinking he was hit so hard he can't move, no one is there to help him and I am going to kick who ever's trash that hit MY husband in MY van!

After about, oh, I don't know about 20 phone calls later he answers the phone. Instead of saying he was ok, he said again, he was in a car accident. So of course I say..."Are you ok and you better complain your neck hurts" (Thinking he was hit pretty dang hard)

He then tells me he is fine and they are exchanging info.  I ask how bad the car is and he said it isn't too bad, but you can tell it was hit. 

So the next morning, when I could actually see, I took these pictures. The lady said her foot slipped off the brake peddle and she hasn't been in a car accident in a long time. A long time? How many accidents have you been in woman?!

Excuse the dried snow and white on the van...we had just had a snow storm and I didn't get to the car wash... 



So after all the big scare...it wasn't that bad. And Shon said her car was MUCH worse (she drives an Altima).  So good job Minivan for holding up! Thankfully...

And Men, ALL MEN...if you are EVER in a car accident with your wife, girlfriend, etc on the phone. Never just say "I was in a car accident" and not answer anything else. Shon learned his lesson! lol

And the other two times he hit something in the van shall remain nameless. :-)

No comments: