About Us

About Us
We met the summer of 2002, married in February of 2003 and the rest is history! We have 3 wonderful boys and lots of nieces and nephews that we love!

About the Mr.

About the Mr.
Shon was born and raised in Plasant Grove. He's a lifer! He loves football and hunting. Shon works for Alpine School District and the Provo Police Department.

About the Mrs.

About the Mrs.
Cristina was born and raised in Arizona. She loves crocheting and some sewing. Cristina currently works for Intermountain Healthcare as a Quality Assurance Rep.

Tina's Tunes

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pinterest Cooking: Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole

I thought I would do something different for the recipe this week.  I made a recipe I had found online. Everyone has made chicken and rice...and there are a MILLION ways to make it. I found this one that I pinned on Pinterest from this website and thought we would give it a try.


So...here's what I did and here's our family review. Family can give a total of 5 stars (one star for each family member--let's make it simple folks!)

I followed the exact recipe. She said in the recipe she likes mozzarella. But I used colby cause that is what I had. The mixed vegetables I had were a mix of corn, green beans, carrots, peas and lima beans. I hate peas just for the record.

Ok, the review. 3/5 stars. Ashton wasn't with us tonight, so we are down a star. And I was the other no star. It just wasn't my favorite. I used a cheap cream of chicken soup and maybe that was the problem.  But I just couldn't help but think I didn't want peas in it (I will eat and use peas and have eaten peas in other recipes by the way) and I am not usually a fan of mixing cream of chicken and cream of mushroom together. I love cream of anything soups. I think this one needed one or the other.  

So I think I am going to try to just use maybe broccoli next time. Otherwise...everyone else loved it. I had ZERO leftovers. My youngest boys asked for seconds and thirds.  So...as far as kid friendly wise it is approved!

Oh, and for the record...that isn't what mine looked like when I cooked it...it looked a little something like this-after we had our first share.



So there you have it.

As always. Happy cooking.

No comments: