About Us

About Us
We met the summer of 2002, married in February of 2003 and the rest is history! We have 3 wonderful boys and lots of nieces and nephews that we love!

About the Mr.

About the Mr.
Shon was born and raised in Plasant Grove. He's a lifer! He loves football and hunting. Shon works for Alpine School District and the Provo Police Department.

About the Mrs.

About the Mrs.
Cristina was born and raised in Arizona. She loves crocheting and some sewing. Cristina currently works for Intermountain Healthcare as a Quality Assurance Rep.

Tina's Tunes

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Dating Divas:Bookstore Date Night

Shon and I are doing the dating divas January dating calendar found here.

This website has a ton of great husband and wife "dating" ideas and cute and cheap ideas to do for one another. Anyways, Friday was the Bookstore Date.

Shon and I went to Mimi's Cafe for dinner. We weren't impressed. They changed a lot of things on their menu and the prices have almost doubled. So...that was a bust. 

Afterwards we walked over to Barnes & Noble (it's in the same parking lot).

We started with the recipe books. We spent almost an hour on it! We found so much good stuff! 

Shon chose recipes from the Lion House which is a local restaurant in Salt Lake City.


I chose the "Crock Pot" cookbook and found some AWESOME recipes...I was also a little excited this book was on "Bargain Buy" for just $12.98. SOLD!





 Then we went over our favorite childhood story. Shon grabbed all of Silverstein's books. Then he chose just one of them and read it to me. 


I chose "goodnight moon". I loved this when I was younger and I love to read it even more to the kids.


Then we went on to the jokes and took a magazine quiz.  We passed on the Poems. Barnes & Noble's poetry section was, well, to say the least- Pathetic. So we passed on that one. And the jokes we read aren't really PG rated, so Shon and I will just keep those to ourselves. ;-)

Last we picked where we would love to travel. We both already knew where the other would chose, but for picture and blog sake...we will found the books. 

Shon has always wanted to go to Germany. He has a lot of family ties there. (Sorry for the blurry picture).


I chose two...cause I want to go to both just as equally.  Sweden and Ireland. Again because I have genealogy roots there and I think both countries have GORGEOUS scenery. (Like the cheesy smile?)


We had a fantastic night! It was a great time and a great laugh. If you have a hubby or significant other, I highly recommend this date. Actually...while we were walking around we found 2 other couples with the same print outs doing the exact same date! Go Dating Divas!






No comments: