About Us

About Us
We met the summer of 2002, married in February of 2003 and the rest is history! We have 3 wonderful boys and lots of nieces and nephews that we love!

About the Mr.

About the Mr.
Shon was born and raised in Plasant Grove. He's a lifer! He loves football and hunting. Shon works for Alpine School District and the Provo Police Department.

About the Mrs.

About the Mrs.
Cristina was born and raised in Arizona. She loves crocheting and some sewing. Cristina currently works for Intermountain Healthcare as a Quality Assurance Rep.

Tina's Tunes

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Crockpot Chicken & Dumplings


When I was little we made a few trips to California to see my step sister. Her granny always made the BEST chicken and dumplings. I wish I had made some with her so I could learn her secrets of making them from scratch. Then again-it took her a long time in that kitchen to make them. So I'm not sure I would make them much. 

Thank goodness for crockpots! I found this recipe and thought that if I ever make  chicken and dumplings I better make it as tasty and easy as possible. 


Here's what I put in my crockpot.
• 5 medium chicken breasts thawed
• 3 cans of Campbell's reduced fat cream of chicken. (No reason for the reduced fat, it's just what the husband grabbed at Smiths'-you know men with details). :-)
•2 cans of chicken broth
•a palm full of dried parsley
•about half a palm full of pepper
•a good pinch of salt
•4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
•half a chopped onion

I cooked that on high for a little over 4 hours. Then I pulled all of the chicken out and slightly shredded it. I like some of the chunks of chicken in it. Not all shredded.

I then used one can of flaky pillsbury biscuits (I like a lot of dumplings). As the recipe says, cut the biscuit into 9 parts.

Cook on high for another hour as the recipe calls.

Before serving I added a pinch of pepper to each bowl again.

The verdict.

1. I will only put a quarter of the onion next time.

2. I would put less parsley in it.

3. I know it sounds like I did a lot of pepper. But with all of the sodium in the Roth and soups-I will add more pepper next time as well.

I liked it and will definitely make it again. Shon is not a dumpling fan. He ate some but would prefer just the chicken without the dumplings. If you have one of those picky eaters. I would just set aside the chicken before you add the dumplings next time. Then I will just make some white rice to out the chicken over for
him.

All three of my boys like it. My oldest is a little bit like his dad. So it wasn't his favorite. But he ate it and he will eat it again.

I say a 4/5 stars. Maybe a 5 next time with more of my alterations. 

Enjoy! And happy cooking!!

~Cristina

No comments: