About Us

About Us
We met the summer of 2002, married in February of 2003 and the rest is history! We have 3 wonderful boys and lots of nieces and nephews that we love!

About the Mr.

About the Mr.
Shon was born and raised in Plasant Grove. He's a lifer! He loves football and hunting. Shon works for Alpine School District and the Provo Police Department.

About the Mrs.

About the Mrs.
Cristina was born and raised in Arizona. She loves crocheting and some sewing. Cristina currently works for Intermountain Healthcare as a Quality Assurance Rep.

Tina's Tunes

Monday, January 13, 2014

Pinterest Cooking:Salsa Chicken

I found this recipe on Pinterest and thought it sounded delicious. I have been looking for some healthy recipes that I can cook in the crock pot. 

I followed most of the recipe (I had to double it) except the carrots. Shon and David hate cooked carrots. I have tried them in a few recipes and I didn't think this was one I could get away with having them in there.



I use Pace Picante when I cook. I think it comes out the best in a recipe and it has the right "chunkiness" consistency that I like. 


I also chopped a little more celery since I wasn't using the carrots...plus I love celery. And, one thing I have learned from Rachael Ray and other cooking shows is to use the celery leaves. They have a ton of flavor. So that is why you see the leaf looking parts on the counter.


I also "eyeballed" the amount of taco seasoning. I love taco seasoning and it has awesome flavor. And I have never really heard of having too much taco seasoning in the crock pot. 


After everything was dumped in the crock pot.


The final result...after my first helping. Oh and excuse the shadow in the picture. :-) And yes I picked out some of the tomatoes. I am not a tomato fan.
And yes that is store bought Spanish rice on the bottom. I have not yet made a Spanish rice recipe I love...so to play it safe-I cheated on that part. We topped it with some cheese and sour cream.

So the review: 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. Everyone had second helpings. I gave it a half star. I think it was too watery which was probably my error when I doubled the recipe. I also think it had too many tomatoes, although the rest of the family begged to differ.  (Remember my whole tomato love/hate relationship?) We will definitely make it again and tweak it a little. The chicken tasted amazing though and was nice and tender and shredded easily. 

As always. Happy cooking.





No comments: