About Us

About Us
We met the summer of 2002, married in February of 2003 and the rest is history! We have 3 wonderful boys and lots of nieces and nephews that we love!

About the Mr.

About the Mr.
Shon was born and raised in Plasant Grove. He's a lifer! He loves football and hunting. Shon works for Alpine School District and the Provo Police Department.

About the Mrs.

About the Mrs.
Cristina was born and raised in Arizona. She loves crocheting and some sewing. Cristina currently works for Intermountain Healthcare as a Quality Assurance Rep.

Tina's Tunes

Friday, January 3, 2014

Momma's Biscuits and Gravy

So this was really my mom's recipe...aaannnnndddd...well I stole it.  My mom first made this for Shon when he came to visit in Arizona after we first met. He told my mom after he had a bite that every time she visits or we visit her she had to make this for breakfast. 

Soon after this first taste from Shon I was told I had to learn the recipe (per Shon) so he could have it more often.  So here it goes. I haven't changed much of the recipe. I think I make it a little thicker than my mom does. But it's otherwise the same.

Here is what you will need...


I make enough to feed an Army, so you can definitely use just one can of biscuits and one package of sausage. Oh the sausage, let's talk about this. If you love maple flavored sausage then use it. If you don't care, just use the normal stuff (it's cheaper) and, well it tastes the same to me. Don't get me wrong I love maple sausage...but for this recipe it doesn't matter. AND, if you like "spicy" or  "hot" then get the spicy or hot sausage instead of mild. 

So...
biscuits (any brand/flavor of your choice)
milk (amount varies, so just get the jug out)
salt and pepper
sausage
and I have almost ALWAYS used the Wonda quick mixing flour. I like it the best. It is a little more expensive but I get about 3 MAYBE 4 biscuits and gravy meals out of it...

Ok, next brown your sausage in a sauce pan...


Once the sausage is completely brown, poor in enough milk to mostly cover the sausage (this is where the *amount varies comes in)


Once the milk gets mixed in slightly with the sausage, pour on some of the gravy mix to top the sauce pan.


Mix in the gravy and stir...
Also as you are mixing, dash in some salt and pepper to taste.


Keep mixing as the sauce will start to thicken...and once it is as thick as you want it, immediately turn the heat off.


Then you are ready to break open the cooked biscuits and spoon the gravy, sprinkle some pepper on to taste and ENJOY!


As you can tell, this is another super easy recipe. The longest part is waiting for the gravy to thicken and for the biscuits to cook! Hope you enjoy!



No comments: