About Us

About Us
We met the summer of 2002, married in February of 2003 and the rest is history! We have 3 wonderful boys and lots of nieces and nephews that we love!

About the Mr.

About the Mr.
Shon was born and raised in Plasant Grove. He's a lifer! He loves football and hunting. Shon works for Alpine School District and the Provo Police Department.

About the Mrs.

About the Mrs.
Cristina was born and raised in Arizona. She loves crocheting and some sewing. Cristina currently works for Intermountain Healthcare as a Quality Assurance Rep.

Tina's Tunes

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Frary Food: Chicken Tortilla Soup



I have had a few people ask me for my recipes lately.  So, I decided to share them online everyone once in awhile so people can come to our blog and find them. So here you go MOM and others that have asked.

I use my Crockpot...a lot! This is one of my easiest and one of my fave's! The boys always take seconds!

I use the Crockpot liners for easier clean up as well, just as a little advertisement spin. You can find them cheapest at Walmart near the foil and plastic wrap, usually on the bottom shelf (at least at mine they are).

3-4 chicken breasts (you do not have to be exact on the meat. If you want more, put more, if you want less, use less--You really can't mess this recipe up!
1 package of taco seasoning (or if you use bulk like I do, I just eyeball it).
1 can each of the following (all drained, except the rotels):
black beans
pinto beans
chickpeas
corn
rotels
green chiles
large green enchilada sauce (I only use about 3/4 of the can-you can use it all if you want)
3 cans of chicken broth (I use stock so about half the carton of chicken stock)
I mince about half a clove of garlic
If I have it I will add half an onion--if not, it does not make or break the recipe.

Cook on high or about 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours. Once the chicken is done I pull it and shred it. Then I mix it back in the Crockpot.

Serve with sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips and avocado.

If you want to spice it up add more green chiles or maybe some chili powder?

Enjoy!

No comments: