About Us

About Us
We met the summer of 2002, married in February of 2003 and the rest is history! We have 3 wonderful boys and lots of nieces and nephews that we love!

About the Mr.

About the Mr.
Shon was born and raised in Plasant Grove. He's a lifer! He loves football and hunting. Shon works for Alpine School District and the Provo Police Department.

About the Mrs.

About the Mrs.
Cristina was born and raised in Arizona. She loves crocheting and some sewing. Cristina currently works for Intermountain Healthcare as a Quality Assurance Rep.

Tina's Tunes

Monday, December 23, 2013

Cheese Danish Recipe

So most of my friends know this recipe since I found it a very short time ago and I LOVE it! I found the recipe online but make note of the changes I made to the recipe...


You want to mix the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla in a blender and whip it until nice and creamy.

I used 1/2 cup of sugar rather than the 1 cup. One cup made it smoother, however it made it a little too sweet (I know, is there such a thing?)  I also make sure my cream cheese and eggs come to room temperature. Every time I watch a cooking show (I can cook but baking sometimes is questionable) they talk about having these ingredients coming to room temperature.


Lay one of the canisters of crescents in a greased casserole dish. Make sure to pinch together the seperated parts as my trusty demo man is doing here (i.e. my son). I have to teach him all my trick so when I am old they can cook for...plus their wives will thank me?


I didn't take a picture of the layer of cream cheese mixture. Sorry about that. But this is a picture after the cream cheese and second layer of crescents was placed as well as the egg white wash (which is really important--don't skip that part!)

Baked @ 350 degrees


Set that timer for 35 minutes (depending on your oven of course--I have a Gas oven and it works wonders!)

When you pull this out of the oven, it is very important to let it sit for 20 minutes THEN drizzle the glaze on top of the Danish. 

I also, rather than the glaze,  have taken some squeezable jam over the top. Is your mouth watering yet? Mine is!

So imagine in this area that there was the delicious looking Cheese Danish sitting in your casserole dish here...Yup, by the time I got this bad boy out of the oven and drizzled...it was GONE! Oh the joys of having growing boys! 







No comments: