About Us

About Us
We met the summer of 2002, married in February of 2003 and the rest is history! We have 3 wonderful boys and lots of nieces and nephews that we love!

About the Mr.

About the Mr.
Shon was born and raised in Plasant Grove. He's a lifer! He loves football and hunting. Shon works for Alpine School District and the Provo Police Department.

About the Mrs.

About the Mrs.
Cristina was born and raised in Arizona. She loves crocheting and some sewing. Cristina currently works for Intermountain Healthcare as a Quality Assurance Rep.

Tina's Tunes

Monday, December 9, 2013

Crock Pot Hawaiian Haystacks

My schedule the rest of the week doesn't look too promising to post another recipe, the joys of motherhood and karate and work and commitments and...well you get the idea. :-)

I have another recipe that my kids ask for all the time. And let's be honest; If your kids as for it, it's healthy AND easy...it's a keeper! I even had some of my nieces and nephews over a couple of weeks ago and I made this...the crock pot was licked dry! And these particular kiddos are picky when it comes to food! This of course is another recipe that you can change for your family..make more or less, change up the toppings, etc.  I first had this at my friend Shayla's house a few years ago. When she first told me what it was, I didn't think it sounded good...well, now it's a fave! I guess lots of Utahns grew up with this, and maybe I just missed out on it in Arizona? Who knows...hope you enjoy.

3-4 chicken breasts
3 cans cream of mushroom (could sub cream of chicken-but I like cream of mushroom better for this)
1 medium container of sour cream
1 package hard Chinese noodles
1 can of pineapple or mandarin oranges (we rotate with what we have on the shelf)
1 package of cheese (cheddar, colby jack-whichever is your fave)
about 2-3 chopped green onions
1 can of sliced water chestnuts (I have subbed chopped celery)
1 cup of frozen peas (de-thawed)(I HATE peas, but I had to get a vegetable in there somewhere)
Rice (enough servings for everyone)

Spray your crock pot or use the crock pot liners (which I LOVE and they are less than $2 this week at Wal-Mart!) Place your chicken, soup and about half of the container of sour cream. Let cook on low for about 6 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Usually if the chicken has cooked long enough it will be breaking apart and you can just ind of poke it when it's done and shred it up. 

You can layer it however you like. I put the Chinese noodles on the bottom, then rice, chicken, cheese, chestnuts, pineapple, peas, sour cream and finally green onions. This really does stick to your ribs. The left overs taste just as good. It feeds about 7-8 servings, depending on your serving size. 

Again, you can add whatever you want to this. There is no wrong way. It's a crowd pleaser, yummy on the tummy and kid approved!

Enjoy!

Coming soon...Crock Pot Apple Crisp, Chicken Enchilada Casserole, Chicken Noodle Soup and I might even share my mom's famous Pumpkin Brownies!

No comments: