About Us

About Us
We met the summer of 2002, married in February of 2003 and the rest is history! We have 3 wonderful boys and lots of nieces and nephews that we love!

About the Mr.

About the Mr.
Shon was born and raised in Plasant Grove. He's a lifer! He loves football and hunting. Shon works for Alpine School District and the Provo Police Department.

About the Mrs.

About the Mrs.
Cristina was born and raised in Arizona. She loves crocheting and some sewing. Cristina currently works for Intermountain Healthcare as a Quality Assurance Rep.

Tina's Tunes

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Family Tater Tot Casserole

A few years ago I was watching the Duggar Family...you know the 20+ kids and counting show? They were making tater tot casserole for lunch for all the kids. They I googled and found they have a website and they have recipes on it...score!!  

The rest is really history.  My family asks for this at least once a month for dinner. I changed it and kicked it up a little. It easy to make and a crowd pleaser...so that makes it a keeper!



You are going to want a bag of tater tots of course. The normal size bag...I am not sure what the size is. My bag shown here is much larger...I make this often so I usually buy one large bag to make this a few times...


 ...Some chopped green onion to top...


...some sour cream, also to top...



...cheese...cheddar preferably. I also had some monterey jack on hand so I will add that too if I have it...but at least two cups of cheddar cheese.



...brown about 1-2 pounds of meat. I use about 1 1/2 to one family size cream of mushroom soup.


the infamous cream of mushroom soup...this soup has saved me many of times on recipes...it's really like a recipe saver! I love it! Always keep multiple cans on hand!




Ok, back to the recipe...after your meat is cooked and drained, add your soup and mix it in. I also add about 1 cup of sour cream to make it nice and creamy.


...spray a 9x13 dish...super light spray.


Then after your pour your meat mixture in, place the tater tots on top. Yes...I place them neatly on top. Do I have OCD? Yes very much so...


...and here we have it. Sometimes my family will put more cheese on top. Otherwise top with sour cream and some chopped green onion. Yum!




..and to finish it off...since this is a stick to your ribs recipe, we have salad...



...and this salad dressing is the best dressing ever!!! It is especially good on some mixed spinach, red onion, a boiled egg, some sunflower seeds and craisins! Oh, I think I just drooled!

Enjoy and as always, happy cooking.

No comments: