About Us

About Us
We met the summer of 2002, married in February of 2003 and the rest is history! We have 3 wonderful boys and lots of nieces and nephews that we love!

About the Mr.

About the Mr.
Shon was born and raised in Plasant Grove. He's a lifer! He loves football and hunting. Shon works for Alpine School District and the Provo Police Department.

About the Mrs.

About the Mrs.
Cristina was born and raised in Arizona. She loves crocheting and some sewing. Cristina currently works for Intermountain Healthcare as a Quality Assurance Rep.

Tina's Tunes

Friday, February 28, 2014

French Bread French Toast

We had pasta one night and Ridley's (a local store) had a two pack for $2.29.  My husband graciously bought the two pack and here I was thinking what the heck and I am going to use the second loaf for...


So I woke up one Saturday morning and I thought "What am I going to make my kids?" I have a tradition where I make them a nice breakfast Saturday mornings.  We usually don't have to rush anywhere super fast and I tend to wake up early since I get up at 5am on weekdays.  So I get up and start breakfast and they wake up to breakfast when they wake up. Anyways...we were talking about bread right? So there is this loaf and it had to be eaten...


So I sliced it up...

...in to about 2 inch slices...


...then I dunked it into some egg (I got about two slices of bread per egg)...


...I also poured some syrup in to a saucepan to start warming up... (yes I warm the syrup for my kids...my husband says they are spoiled...and I think they are too, but I love it!)


...Like normal french toast, you let it brown on one side, then flip to the other. I cooked these over medium heat.


...and there we have it!


I think the kids enjoyed it...if you can't tell...needless to say there were no leftovers.  I sprinkled some powdered sugar on top of the boys' french toast. Topped it off with a nice glass of milk and it was a breakfast well deserved!


Dave was being camera shy today...


 As always, happy cooking!








No comments: