About Us

About Us
We met the summer of 2002, married in February of 2003 and the rest is history! We have 3 wonderful boys and lots of nieces and nephews that we love!

About the Mr.

About the Mr.
Shon was born and raised in Plasant Grove. He's a lifer! He loves football and hunting. Shon works for Alpine School District and the Provo Police Department.

About the Mrs.

About the Mrs.
Cristina was born and raised in Arizona. She loves crocheting and some sewing. Cristina currently works for Intermountain Healthcare as a Quality Assurance Rep.

Tina's Tunes

Friday, February 28, 2014

The Eleventh Year to Eternity...

As of last Saturday, Shon and I have been married for 11 years. For those that have been close to our journey know that it has been a rough journey. But when I think about that sentence, I think of what journey isn't rough? And what marriage is perfect? We are not perfect and marriage it not perfect. Marriage is a way of life, something that is precious, something that needs to be protected and nourished and worked on. Yes marriage is work, but in the end it winds up having the greatest blessings.

I remember when Shon asked my grandpa to marry me. He knew how much I loved and adored my grandfather (and I still do). He knew even though I never said I have always loved the tradition of the man asking the girl's parents (or grandpa in this case) that it meant a lot to me. I remember walking in to the room and seeing the grin on my grandfather's face. He had a grin that would like up a dark room.  Then the phone went to my dad and I knew what Shon was asking.

In 11 years of marriage, I became a step-mom immediately, I became a mother (which I feel is different than just being a step-mom), I became more patient, I have become more understanding.

I have also learned what is most important for me and my family. And what others say and think doesn't matter because they don't form who my husband and children are or what they can be.

I have learned how protective I am of my relationships. I am very protective of my children. I learned what heart break really is for mentally and emotionally.

I never thought growing up that I would have gotten married so young (although it is the norm here in Utah).  But I am glad I did.

Marriage gave me a best friend and marriage gave me something I couldn't make myself...my children.

It has been one hell of a ride. But all the down hills and back peddling make up for what I have...

Happy Anniversary baby...here's to many more to eternity!


Our new Sushi place that we tried. That thing above is a steamed scallop with avocado on a rice bed. Lemon on top...I think I had died and gone to heaven! It was SO SO SO good!!! Below is their version of a Vegas roll. Yum!


The gorgeous flowers Shon brought me!





No comments: