About Us

About Us
We met the summer of 2002, married in February of 2003 and the rest is history! We have 3 wonderful boys and lots of nieces and nephews that we love!

About the Mr.

About the Mr.
Shon was born and raised in Plasant Grove. He's a lifer! He loves football and hunting. Shon works for Alpine School District and the Provo Police Department.

About the Mrs.

About the Mrs.
Cristina was born and raised in Arizona. She loves crocheting and some sewing. Cristina currently works for Intermountain Healthcare as a Quality Assurance Rep.

Tina's Tunes

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"Book of Mormon Stories that my teacher tells to me..."




So I started my Book of Mormon class tonight at Utah Valley University Institute. I am excited for the teacher. He seems like a great person and I think I will learn a lot from him. He isn't a lecturer. He will help you find the information, then the interpretation is up to you, which is what I think I need.
Shon agreed to go to the class with me from here on out. Tonight was more of an intro. Most of the girls from work signed up for the class, but Mel and I were the only two from work. :-( But it's ok. This is a good benefit to me and I am glad Shon has decided to take the class with me now. Each person can take up to 3 Institute classes at a time, so Shon and I are thinking we will take advantage of that next semester. Tuesdays looks like "Teachings of Monson" (who is our current Church Prophet for my non-member family and friends) then Wednesdays are going to be fun! We will take the second course to The Book of Mormon, cause the first course (the one I am taking now) only goes to the Book of Alma. Then that same night, we will also take LDS Church History. So I hope we stick to it and we just keep in mind that this is all beneficial and FREE information/inspiration!
Tomorrow, we are bidding farewell to Elder Ellis, who is the missionary that actually baptized me. He is done with his mission and on his way back home to Texas. But...as far as we know he is coming back~or else! LOL! Just kidding!

Monday, for Labor Day, we took Shon's beast a.k.a. his truck up to Squaw Peak in Provo Canyon and I got to see the whole picture of Utah County --almost. It was a little cold and the very tops of the mountains had SNOW! Yes, snow already-on the first day of September. Welcome to UTAH! He he he.

That about wraps it up. We hope y'all (trace of Arkansas accent still there) have a good rest of the week.

So we hope everyone has a fun and great week!

1 comment:

The Payton's Place said...

Way fun. I heard Utah mountains had snow! These are the moments I am happy I don't live there. Still livin it up in 97 degree weather!!! The mornings and evening are cool in the 70's which makes this the PERFECT time of year in Vegas!!!